Postal Service Available Online
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
It’s the time of the season when we all begin to think about mailing our holiday cards and gifts. As the Postmaster of the California Post Office, I know my customers lead busy lives, and that is why I am so pleased to let them know they never need to wait in line at the post office again, this holiday season.
That’s right any postal customer with a computer can visit the Postal Services Web site usps.com, it’s literally a “Post Office at your Fingertips.” Usps.com enables users to buy stamps online, print mailing labels with or without postage, request free package pickup, track packages and confirm deliveries, send shipments around the world, design customized postage, and order free, environmentally friendly packaging. Almost anything you can do at a Post Office, you can do on-line 24/7 from the convenience of a home or office computer.
Stamps can also be purchased by mail - customers don’t even have to leave their home or office if they order stamps by mail. A postage paid order form is available from their letter carrier upon request.
Stamps can also be ordered by telephone at 800-STAMP-24 (800-782-6724). There is a small handling fee with this option.
For those postal customers who need to conduct complicated transactions such as sending a letter Registered Mail or a Package COD, please visit us at 200 N High St., California, MO 65018 during retail window hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday.
More like this story
- A Holiday Gift to Business Mailers Courtesy of the Postal Service
- Tips for a Simpler Shipping Season
- Post Office In Your Palm: USPS Mobile APP Adds Postage Calculator
- Post offices will close for holiday; local office to observe summer hours
- Hallmark and the U.S. Postal Service Launch Postage-Paid Greeting Cards: Barcoded envelopes and scanning technology innovate the card-sending process