California Democrat Community Calender Nov. 24
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
The California Democrat Community Calender for Nov. 24
• Jamestown Community Thanksgiving Service, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 24, at New Hope Baptist Church, 11021 Route N, Centertown.
• California Ministerial Alliance Thanksgiving Meal, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 25, at the California Nutrition Center. For carry out call 796-4240.
• Tipton Christmas Parade, Friday, Nov. 26.
• California Nutrition Center will host Sonnie & Partly Cloudy, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 27, at California Nutrition Center. Cost $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 29, at the Lutheran church basement.
• High Point Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 2, at High Point R-III School.
• Jamestown Christmas Parade, 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 4. For more information contact Brooke at 660-849-2252.
• VFW Auxiliary Chili Supper, 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at the VFW Hall, North side of the Courthouse square.
• Homemade Chili and Chicken Noodle Soup Supper, immediately following California Christmas Parade. Saturday, Dec. 4, at the First Christian Church fellowship hall. All proceeds will go to the Rickman Conference Center.
• Historic Home Tours, 1-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 4 and 5. Tickets for adults 13 years or older is $8 in advance and $10 at the door. Children ages 12 and years old and under are $5. Tickets can be purchased at the Chamber Office located at City Hall or the California Democrat.
• California Christmas Parade, 5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 4. Sponsored by the California Area Chamber of Commerce. All floats must have lights!
• California Nutrition Center will host John Cecilia and his "Country Ordaras", 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Dec, 4, at California Nutrition Center. Cost $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 6, at the Lutheran church basement.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 9, at City Hall.
• California Reds "Red Hatters" carry-in Christmas luncheon, 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 10, at the UCC fellowship hall.
• Russellville Christmas Parade,10 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 11.
• California Nutrition Center will host Just-Us, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 11, at California Nutrition Center. Cost $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 13, at the Lutheran church basement.
• Jamestown Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 16, at Jamestown C-I School.
• Russellville Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 21, at Russellville High School.
Swimming Class each Monday and Wednesday, first class at 5 p.m., second at 6:15 p.m. Call Lana Dicus at 573-796-2388 for more information.
•• Senior Senior Exercise, 9:30-10 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the California Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave.
•• The Pickers and Grinners will be at the Centennial Hall at the Fairgrounds the second and fourth Thursday now through April. 6 p.m. - ? They will also be at The Sweet Buy and Buy from1 to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays. Everyone welcome.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting