Knipp competes at Class 1 State Golf Championships
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
After finishing in a tie for third place individually at the Class 1 Sectional Golf Tournament Oct. 6 at Bolivar, California’s Andrea Knipp was the sole Lady Pinto to advance to the Class 1 State Golf Championships Oct. 18-19 at Rivercut Golf Course, Springfield, where she wrapped up the season in a tie for 60th place.
Knipp shot a 102 on day one of the competition, and a 98 on day two, to finish with a total of 200.
“This was Andrea’s third straight year qualifying for state,” California Golf Coach Lance Conner said. “She was disappointed with her finish this year. She was playing really good golf, but just couldn’t get any momentum going these two days. Rivercut is a beautiful golf course, but if you are not pinpoint in your shots, it can definitely get ugly. She hit a lot of great shots though, including a near hole-in-one that would have made the weekend, but it just was not her week.”
Conner added, “Andrea has been a pleasure to coach for the last three years and I certainly will miss her next year.”
More like this story
- California's Knipp advances to state golf championships
- Lady Pintos take second place finish at District Golf Tourney
- Lady Pintos place second at districts; advance to sectionals
- California's Tanner Roberts advances to state golf championships
- California's Tanner Roberts competes at State Golf Championships