Autism book project by California fifth graders
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Just in time for Autism Awareness Month, California fifth graders Elizabeth Lutz, Halle Oliver and Allee Koestner have written a book for young people whose main character has autism.
The book is to be submitted to Scholastic for entry in the "Kids Are Authors" contest. Fifth Grade Teacher Kelli Williams supervised the three young writers as they proceeded on the book. She is the reading teacher for all three student authors.
The book is written about a person with autism to raise awareness about autism.
"There are not many books out there about autism," said Oliver.
For more of this story check out the April 13 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- California Elementary School Second Quarter Honor Roll
- Famous Missourians seen at California elementary
- Moniteau County Soil and Water Conservation District to hold 35th Annual Appreciation and Awards Banquet
- Book Review: Strout’s new novel a Maine family saga
- Kathy Kent Reads to California third graders during Star Reading Program