California Democrat Community Calender April 27
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
• Diabetes Support Group, 6 p.m. Thursday, April 29, at the California United Church of Christ, sponosred by the California UCC Health Ministry Team. Dr. Sara Bohn will be the speaker. For more information call Darles at 796-6369.
• Ladies Night Out Event, 6:30-8 p.m. Friday, April 29, at St. Paul's Evangelical Church basement. Shop for gifts, relax with a chair massage or enjoy a pedicure. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call Leisa Hees at 660-849-2538 or Barb Oerly at 660-849-9302.
• Russellville Lady Indians Basketball Fundraiser-Baseball and Softball Tournament, Saturday, April 30, at the Russellville Lion’s Club Field of Dreams Complex. To register a team to participate, call Pam at 573-694-7886.
• Russellville Lady Indians Basketball Fundraiser-Car Wash, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Russellville High School. All proceeds will go to the Cole R-I Russellville Lady Indians basketball team. To buy a ticket or for more information, call Coach David Volkart at 573-782-3313.
• Darla McFadden Concert, 10 a.m. Sunday, May 1, at California United Methodist Church, 201 S. Oak Street. For more information call 573-796-2792.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 2, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• ACS Relay for LIfe of Moniteau County Committee meeting, 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 3, at the Annunciation Catholic Church basement, California. Team captain meeting will follow at 7 p.m.
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and his Country Ordoras Music and Dance, 7 p.m., Saturday, May 7, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods. Dance is open to the public.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 9, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Registration for Red Cross Swimming Lessons, 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, May 11, at the California City Hall. The lessons are for children who will be in grades K-8 in the upcoming 2011-12 school year. For more information, call 573-796-3821.
• California R-I School Board regular mothly meeting, 7 p.m. at elementary school.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, May 12, at City Hall.
• California Reds Red Hat Society Chapter 35155, 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 12, will meet at UCC to travel to TIpton to tour Maclay Home. Cost is $5. Contact Vi Bolin for reservations at 796-2940.
• California Nutrition Center Fish Fry, 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, May 14, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Adults are $8 in advance and $9 at the door.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, May 16, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multi-purpose room. The cost is $5.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting