California Democrat Community Calender Aug. 3
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and his Country Ordoras Music and Dance, 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 6, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods. Dance is open to the public.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Hunter's Education Class, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8 and Tuesday, Aug. 9, at the California City Hall public meeting room. Those interested in attending must be at least 11 years of age and must attend both days of the course. Participants will need to bring a sack lunch each day. To sign up to attend, go to the Conservation Department’s public website and follow the hunter education link, or go to https://my.register-ed. For more information, call Moniteau County Conservation Agent Jason Vaughn at 573-864-9814.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 11, at City Hall.
• California Red Hat Society to tour the State Capitol, meeting to car pool at 10:30 at UCC, lunch 11 a.m., your choice, tour at 1 p.m. To make reservations contact Dorothy Hise 796-2776 or Vi Bolin 796-2940.
• California High School Pinto Football Media Night, 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, at Riley Field. All are welcome to come out to take team pictures of the CHS football teams.
• St. Paul's Evangelical Church Ice Cream Social and Cake Walk, 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, at the church, 149 East Row Street, Jamestown.
• California Nutrition Center Music and Dance with Sonnie & Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 15, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Annual CHS Pinto Football Barbecue Fundraiser, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 21, at the California High School commons, hosted by the Pinto Quarterback Club. The menu will include pork steak, hot dogs, baked potatoes, green beans and dessert. The cost to attend is $8 for adults and $5 for children ages 6-12. For more information, call Quarterback Club President Marty Ramsdell at 573-619-2695.
• Wood Place Public Library Summer Reading Program, 6:30 p.m. Every Thursday now - Aug. 11. Storytimes, crafts and fun activities. All programs are open to the public and free of charge. The library issues free Summer Reading Club cards to all children in Moniteau County who live in and outside California. For more information, call 573-796-2642.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting