California Democrat Community Calender Aug. 10
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 11, at City Hall.
• California Red Hat Society to tour the State Capitol, Thursday, Aug. 11, meeting to car pool at 10:30 at UCC, lunch 11 a.m., your choice, tour at 1 p.m. To make reservations contact Dorothy Hise 796-2776 or Vi Bolin 796-2940.
• Summer Reading Program "Globetrotter" Party, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11, at California United Church of Christ, summer readers can use tickets they have earned to buy books and other fun items.
• California High School Pinto Football Media Night, 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, at Riley Field. All are welcome to come out to take team pictures of the CHS football teams.
• St. Paul's Evangelical Church Ice Cream Social and Cake Walk, 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, at the church, 149 East Row Street, Jamestown.
• California Nutrition Center Music and Dance with Sonnie & Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 15, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Progress, Inc., monthly board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 16, at the Wood Place Public Library.
• Jamestown C-I School First Day of Classes, Wednesday, Aug. 17.
• Prairie Home R-V School First Day of Classes, Wednesday, Aug. 17.
• California R-I School District First Day of Classes, Thursday, Aug. 18.
• High Point R-III School First Day of Classes, Thursday, Aug. 18.
• Cole R-I (Russellville) School District First Day of Classes, Thursday, Aug. 18.
• California Nutrition Center Jam Session, 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Admission is $2. Please bring finger foods. Everyone is welcome to participate. For more information call Ruth Ellis 338-6432 or Bob Taylor 796-3378.
• Annual CHS Pinto Football Barbecue Fundraiser, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 21, at the California High School commons, hosted by the Pinto Quarterback Club. The menu will include pork steak, hot dogs, baked potatoes, green beans and dessert. The cost to attend is $8 for adults and $5 for children ages 6-12. For more information, call Quarterback Club President Marty Ramsdell at 573-619-2695.
• Clarksburg C-II School First Day of Classes, Monday, Aug. 22.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 22, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Latham R-V School First Day of Classes, Tuesday, Aug. 23.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting