Melissa Wolford Completes Project Raising Money for Latham School
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Melissa Wolford was selected to participate in the Women’s Leadership Academy at Lincoln University this past spring semester. One of the requirements of the Academy was to pick a project which would positively impact the community, do it, and then give a presentation about it at Lincoln.
The project Wolford chose was to try to raise some sort of support for the Latham School, "because of the recent fire," Wolford said.
"I contacted Superintendent Tanya Brown," she added, "and told her about my project. I then began trying to raise money and supplies. I put info about it on Craigslist, asked everyone I knew, and put it on Facebook. However, I had a really low response."
For more of this story check out the Aug. 17 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Hope Warriors Hold First Annual "Paws for a Cure" Relay for Life Fundraiser
- Student leadership forum gives Lincoln student new perspective
- Helping high school students understand ‘military’ leadership
- High school ballot issues define board race
- Jefferson City, Lincoln University look at improving relationship
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting