California Democrat Community Calender August 17
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
• California R-I School Tax Levy Rate Hearing 7 p.m., Wednesday (today), Aug. 17, at the elementary school.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, following the Tax Levy Rate Hearing, Wednesday (today), at the elementary school.
• Jamestown C-I School First Day of Classes, Wednesday, Aug. 17.
• Prairie Home R-V School First Day of Classes, Wednesday, Aug. 17.
• California R-I School District First Day of Classes, Thursday, Aug. 18.
• High Point R-III School First Day of Classes, Thursday, Aug. 18.
• Cole R-I (Russellville) School District First Day of Classes, Thursday, Aug. 18.
• California Nutrition Center Jam Session, 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Admission is $2. Please bring finger foods. Everyone is welcome to participate. For more information call Ruth Ellis 338-6432 or Bob Taylor 796-3378.
• CHS track and cross country fundraiser 'Endure the Race 5k Run/Walk', 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 20, beginning at the high school track. Registration and packet pick-up is 5-6:30 p.m. The Kids Mile will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the CHS track. The 5k Run/Walk will begin at 7 p.m. at the CHS track. Part of the proceeds will go to the Waylon Martensen Scholarship Fund.
• Annual CHS Pinto Football Barbecue Fundraiser, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 21, at the California High School commons. The cost to attend is $8 for adults and $5 for children ages 6-12. For more information, call Quarterback Club President Marty Ramsdell at 573-619-2695.
• Clarksburg C-II School First Day of Classes, Monday, Aug. 22.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 22, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Latham R-V School First Day of Classes, Tuesday, Aug. 23.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 29, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Red Hat Society to tour the Old State Prison, Thursday, Sept. 15, meet UCC at 10:30 a.m. to car pool, lunch 11 a.m., Prison Brew Restaurant. Tour reservations ($12) required contact Jackie Crane 796-3166 or Vi Bolin 796-2940.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting