Retired teachers active in community service
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
The Missouri Retired teachers' Association (MRTA) encourages its 17,500 members of local units statewide to be involved in community service projects which make a difference for local children, families and residents.
MRTA members statewide volunteered 318,656 hours in 2010 to their communities. According to MRTA, that volunteer work has a value of $6,643,977.60.
Among the volunteer work by the Moniteau County Retired Teachers Association (MCRTA) was a fundraising project to provide matching funds for a Wood Place Library grant which brought more than 100 new books to the library.
For more of this story check out the Aug. 31 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Excellent educator award to California teacher
- Moniteau County Retired Teachers Association
- Wood Place Public Library Receives $1400 Worth of Children's Books from Libri Foundation Grant/ Moniteau County Retired Teachers
- Missouri Retired Teachers holds May meeting
- Kander awards grant to Moniteau County Library
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting