First Baby 2011 Contest winner nears first birthday
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Birkley George Simon, son of Scott and Manda Simon, Tipton, and winner of the 2011 First Baby of Moniteau County Contest, will celebrate his first birthday Jan. 4 with a doggie-themed party.
"Birkley seems to like dogs and even woofs at them, so we thought it was only appropriate to celebrate with dogs," Manda said.
First-time parents Scott and Manda agree Birkley has brought more joy into their lives than either could have ever imagined.
"Being a parent is 10 times better than I ever expected,” Scott said.
“I knew it would be great, but I had no idea how great it would be," Manda said. "In fact, quickly after Birk was born, I knew I couldn’t drive to Jefferson City for work anymore and leave him for so long, so I applied to the Tipton School District and was blessed with a position at the elementary school. It's been wonderful! By making this switch, I gained three hours a day with Birkley.”
For more of this story check out the Dec. 28 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Birkley Simon is Winner of 2011 Moniteau County First Baby Contest
- First birthday around corner for First Baby 2012 Contest winner
- 2010 Moniteau First Baby Contest Winner Nears First Birthday; Celebration Bittersweet for Family
- Isaac Wininger is winner of 2012 Moniteau County First Baby Contest
- 2011 Moniteau County First Baby Contest Extended
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting