Baker Graduates Basic Training
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Army Pvt. Ashley L. Baker has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches and field training exercises.
She is the daughter of Tracy Baker, California.
Baker graduated in 2009 from Prairie Home High School.
More like this story
- Military Announcement: Army Pvt. David I. Hull
- National Guard program prepares recruits for initial training
- California Native SSG Joe Hamilton Earns Bronze Star with Valor for Heroism While Serving in Afghanistan
- 51-year-old finishes basic training at Fort Wood
- Lawyer: Government lacks evidence in Afghan deaths