California Democrat Community Calender February 9
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
The California Democrat Community Calender for Feb. 2.
• MRED regular monthly lunch meeting at Burgher Haus today (Wednesday). Lunch begins at 11:30 a.m. Meeting begins at noon.
• CHS ACT Workshop for Math/Science portion of ACT Test, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 9, in Amy Kuebler's class room at California High School.
• California Red's Planning Meeting, 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 10, at Nic Nac Cafe meeting room.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 10, at City Hall.
• Regular scheduled Jam Session at the Fairgrounds will not be held Thusday, Feb. 10.
• California High School Courtwarming, Friday, Feb. 11, at the CHS gymnasium. The Pintos will host Eldon, beginning with the JV basketball game at 6 p.m., the Courtwarming ceremony, then the varsity boys' game.
• California Eagles Sweetheart Banquet, 5:30 -7 p.m., Karaoke, 9-11:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 12, at the Eagles, 314 N. High Street. Open to the public.
• California Nutrition Center will host a Valentine's Dance, 7 -10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 12, at 107 W. Versailles Street. The cost is $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods. A Valentine King and Queen will be crowned.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 14, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau County Historical Society business meeting, 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 14, at the Cultural Heritage Meeting Room, California.
• Moniteau County Retired Teachers meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 15, at Burger Haus. Rep. Caleb Jones will be the speaker. All retired school workers are invited to attend.
• Moniteau R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 16, at the elementary school.
• Prescribed Burn and Woodland Workshop for Landowners, 6-9 p.m., Friday, Feb. 18, at City Hall.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Progrees, Inc. (CPI) regular monthly board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22, at the Wood Place Public Library second floor.
• Moniteau County Cattleman's Association meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 22, at Centennial Hall, Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California. RSVP at 573-796-3168 (California Veterinary Clinic).
• ACT Worksop for English/Reading portion of ACT Test, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 23, in the media room at California High School, instructed by Dana Barr.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multi-purpose room. The cost is $5.