Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Feb. 16
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
• U.S. 54 eastbound/U.S. 63 northbound at the Missouri River Bridge – Construction of a pedestrian/bicycle bridge attachment continues.
Concrete work is taking place on the south end of the pedestrian attachment substructure.
Construction on the steel ramp structure on the north end of the project is complete. Crews are painting and installing fence to the ramp structure.
The contractor is fabricating and attaching brackets to the floor beams of the bridge in preparation for securing the new attachment.
The following changes are now in place until spring: the Main Street on ramp to the bridge is closed; lanes leading up to and crossing the bridge are narrowed. Motorists will cross the bridge using three 11-foot lanes; a concrete barrier is installed across the bridge to separate lanes of traffic from the construction crews and equipment; the shoulder of the bridge, which also currently serves as a pedestrian path, is closed. Pedestrians should also note that no shoulder is available on the U.S. 54 westbound/U.S. 63 southbound bridge leading into Jefferson City; and the speed limit is reduced from 60 mph to 45 mph through the area.
The project will be complete in late spring.
• U.S. 50 between City View and Route M – Roadway maintenance and repair in the eastbound and westbound lanes will take place from Monday through Friday, Feb. 25. One lane in each direction will be open through the work area.
Boone and Callaway counties
• Interstate 70, in various locations – Guard cable repair in the westbound lanes will take place in various locations this week. One westbound lane will be open through each work areas.
• U.S. 54 between the Grand Glaize Bridge to west of Route KK in Osage Beach – Grading, drainage work, paving and bridges for the new Route 54 Expressway.
The new Jefferies Road is open to traffic. The contractor has some remaining tie-in work to complete and entrances along Jefferies Road to finish as weather permits.
Grading, drainage and erosion-control work continues from Nichols Road to Jefferies Road.
Grading, drainage and erosion-control work continues from Route KK to the west end of the project.
Asphalt paving continues, as weather permits, on the new service road from Oak Road to Normandy Road.
Asphalt paving continues, as weather permits, on the new service road from Case Road to Mariner Circle.
El Terra Lane is now open to traffic and is accessible from New Burton Duenke Lane off existing Route KK. Asphalt paving will continue, weather permitting. Temporary pavement markings will be installed and maintained throughout the winter.
This portion of the project is scheduled for completion in the summer.
Camden and Miller counties
• Missouri 242/Horseshoe Bend Parkway between Lake Ozark Community Bridge and U.S. 54 – Grading and paving for a new four-lane highway. The contractor is excavating and installing erosion control. No traffic delays are expected at this time.
• U.S. 63, one-half mile north of the Gasconade River Bridge – Rock is being cut back for preventative maintenance of freeze/thaw rock slides during winter months. The contractor will periodically blast rock through February. When the blasting is under way, all traffic on 63 will be stopped for short periods. Periodic lane closures will occur, and crews will flag traffic through the area. Motorists should expect delays.
• Missouri 17 bridge over Saline Creek, six miles west of Missouri 52 – Bridge maintenance will take place Monday through Friday, Feb. 25. One lane will be open, and crews will flag traffic through the work area.
More like this story
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Feb. 9-18
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Jan. 19-28
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Feb. 2-11
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Jan. 5-14
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Dec. 22-31