California Democrat Community Calender January 12
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
The January 12 California Democrat Community Calender.
• Annual California Boys and Girls Basketball Tournaments, Jan. 10-15, at the California High School gymnasium.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance Board of Directors regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 12, at the Tipton district office.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 10, at the Lutheran church basement.
• California Extensionettes monthly meeting, 10 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 12, at Burgher Haus, California. Jan Spieler will be the hostess.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 13, at California City Hall.
• California Red Hat Planning Meeting, 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 13, at Nic Nac Cafe meeting room.
• The 1956 Jamestown boys basketball team will be honored, Friday, Jan. 14, at the Jamestown/Prairie Home basketball game at 6 p.m. Chili and dessert will be served with proceeds going to the alumni and senior class.
• California Nutrition Center will host Sonny & Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 15, at California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Street. The cost is $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Singspiration, 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 16, at the St. Paul's in Jamestown, followed by supper.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 17, at the Lutheran church basement.
• The Moniteau County 4-H Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 18, at the California City Hall.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19, at the California Elementary School.
• MRED annual meeting/banquet, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19, at Co-Mo Electric meeting room. The cost is $12 per person, $20 per couple.
• Mid-Missouri Food Bank to distribute food, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, at the Eagles in downtown California.
• Jesse Rohrbach to perform at the Finke Theatre, 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 22, at the Finke Theatre, California.
• Pink Zumbathon, 9-10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 22, at the California Elementary gym. The cost is $8.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 24, at the Lutheran church basement.
• California Progress, Inc. (CPI) regular monthly board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 24, at the Wood Place Community Library, second floor.
• Annual California Area Chamber of Commerce Dinner/Meeting, 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 29, at the California Nutrition Center. The evening’s events will begin with a social hour. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Awards will be given to the 2010 Citizen of the Year and 2010 Business of the Year. The program will be in memory and honor of Sheriffs of Moniteau County for the past 165 years. Dinner tickets are on sale at the Chamber office after Jan. 5. The cost is $15 per person. Tickets should be purchased from Diane at the Chamber office (open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays) on or before Jan. 17. Call 573-796-3040, or email email@example.com.
• Cedron Assumption Catholic Church will host a chili and soup luncheon fundraiser, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Jamestown Community Building, Hwy 179, to assist with restoration of the church building. All are welcome to attend.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 31, at the Lutheran church basement.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multipurpose room. The cost is $5.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting