Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Jan. 10-14
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Here is the listing of general highway maintenance and construction work in the Mid-Missouri area for the week of Jan. 10-14.
Weather conditions may cause postponements in the work schedule, and other construction or maintenance work may occur on other roadways throughout the area that have not been listed here.
Many projects will include lane closures, and delays can be expected.
• U.S. 54 in Linn Creek, at the intersections of Route V and Business Park Road/East Valley Drive — Median turn lane construction and intersection improvements, with grading and drainage work continuing for the new Business Park Road and the East Valley Drive widening. No traffic delays are expected.
• Route A, between Route E and Route C — Culvert pipe replacement Monday through Friday, with one lane open.
• U.S. 54 in Osage Beach, between the Grand Glaize Bridge to west of Route KK — Grading, drainage work, paving and bridges for the new U.S. 54 Expressway.
The new Case Road overpass is open, providing access to Broadwater and Oak roads. Traffic signals at Case Road and U.S. 54 have been activated.
The new Jefferies Road is open to traffic, but the contractor is finishing some work. No traffic delays are expected.
Grading, drainage and erosion-control work continues from Nichols Road to Jefferies Road, and from Route KK to the west end of the project.
Asphalt paving continues on the new service road from Oak to Normandy roads, and from Case Road to Mariner Circle, and on El Terra Lane, which now is open to traffic.
• U.S. 50/63, between Route M and City View Drive — Concrete replacement in both the eastbound and westbound lanes, Monday-Jan. 21. One lane in each direction will be open.
• U.S. 54/63 at the Missouri River bridge — Construction of a pedestrian/bicycle bridge attachment continues, with concrete work taking place on the south end of the pedestrian attachment substructure, and painting and fence installation on the steel ramp structure on the north end of the project.
The continuing work means the Main Street on-ramp to the bridge is closed; traffic lanes leading up to and crossing the bridge are narrowed to three 11-foot lanes; and a concrete barrier is installed across the bridge to separate the traffic lanes from the construction crews and equipment.
During the work, the bridge shoulder — which also serves as a pedestrian path, is closed, and pedestrians should note there also is no shoulder available on the U.S. 54/63 bridge crossing the river into Cole County.
The speed limit is 45 mph through the work area.
Cole and Miller counties
Route AA, between U.S. 54 and Tellman Road, one mile south of Russellville — Culvert pipe replacement in various locations, Monday-Jan. 21. One lane will be open.
Route T, two miles south of U.S. 50 — Culvert pipe replacement
Thursday, with one lane open.
U.S. 63, one half-mile north of the Gasconade River Bridge — Rock is being cut back, for preventative maintenance of freeze/thaw rock slides during the winter months, with periodic rock blasting rock through February.
All traffic will be stopped for short periods when blasting occurs.
Periodic lane closures also will occur during the work.
Missouri 17 bridge over Saline Creek — Maintenance work Monday-Jan. 21. One lane will be open.
Miller and Morgan counties
Route W, between Route Y and Route AA — Culvert pipe replacements in various locations from Wednesday-Jan. 26. One lane will be open.
Route D bridge over Moniteau Creek, four miles northeast of Route KK — Maintenance Monday-Friday, with one lane open.
Route W, between Route Y and Route AA — Culvert pipe replacement
in various locations, from Wednesday-Jan. 26. One lane will be open.
More like this story
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Jan. 19-28
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Jan. 5-14
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Dec. 1-10
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Dec. 22-31
- Upcoming Road Work for Mid-Missouri from Wednesday, Dec. 8-17
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting