California Democrat Community Calender January 19
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19, at the California Elementary School.
• MRED annual meeting/banquet, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19, at Co-Mo Electric meeting room. The cost is $12 per person, $20 per couple.
• Mid-Missouri Food Bank to distribute food, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, at the Eagles in downtown California.
• Moniteau County Relay for Life Committee meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, at the Annunciation Catholic Church basement. The main objective will be planning the 2011 kick-off schedule for February. New committee members with fresh ideas are needed and encouraged to attend, as well as those interested in participating in the 2011 Relay for Life. Games and refreshments will be provided.
• Moniteau County Republican Club meeting, 7 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 20, at the Co-Mo Electric Conference Room, Tipton.
• Jesse Rohrbach to perform at the Finke Theatre, 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 22, at the Finke Theatre, California.
• Pink Zumbathon, 9-10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 22, at the California Elementary gym. The cost is $8.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 24, at the Lutheran church basement.
• California Progress, Inc. (CPI) regular monthly board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 24, at the Wood Place Community Library, second floor.
• Moniteau County Cattleman's Association meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 25, at Centennial Hall, Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California. Please RSVP at 573-796-3168 (California Veterinary Clinic).
• Annual California Area Chamber of Commerce Dinner/Meeting, 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 29, at the California Nutrition Center. The evening’s events will begin with a social hour. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. Awards will be given to the 2010 Citizen of the Year and 2010 Business of the Year. The program will be in memory and honor of Sheriffs of Moniteau County for the past 165 years. Dinner tickets are on sale at the Chamber office after Jan. 5. The cost is $15 per person. Tickets should be purchased from Diane at the Chamber office (open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays) on or before Jan. 17. Call 573-796-3040, or email email@example.com.
• Cedron Assumption Catholic Church will host a chili and soup luncheon fundraiser, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Jamestown Community Building, Hwy 179, to assist with restoration of the church building. All are welcome to attend.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 31, at the Lutheran church basement.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multipurpose room. The cost is $5.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting