School Board Recognition Week Jan. 23-29
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Governor Jay Nixon has proclaimed the week of Jan. 23 - 29 as School Board Recognition Week.
This week is set aside to recognize the efforts of local school board members.
According to a Missouri School Boards' Association (MSBA) press release, "Missourians benefit every day from the dedication energies and countless hours devoted by a group of more than 3,600 men and women in every community across the state. These public servants are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts."
During this week, communities in Missouri will honor the service of the local boards of education with the goal of building awareness and understanding of the important function an elected board of education plays in communities and schools.
"All Missouri citizens are asked to recognize the important contributions of these men and women and focus attention on the vital role these public officials play in the education of Missouri's children," said the MSBA.
School Board Recognition Week is sponsored by the MSBA, a private , not-for-profit organization that exists to help school boards succeed.
More like this story
- School board recognition week this month
- Gov. Jay Nixon has proclaimed the week of Jan. 23-29 as School Board Recognition Week
- Leaving a Lake Legacy: Osage, Camdenton School boards 'continue' successful education
- California School Board Discusses Snow Make Up Days
- School board member receives state certification