California Democrat Community Calender July 6
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
• City of California to host a meeting to discuss plans for the sidewalk project, 6 p.m. July 7, in the Public Meeting Room.
• Dwight Kiesling Benefit, 12 p.m. Saturday, July 9, Washerboard Tournament; 5-7 p.m. - fried chicken dinner; 7:30 p.m. - auction, at the California Eagles Club 4027, 314 N. High Street.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 11, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau County Historical Society meeting, 7:30 p.m. Monday, July 11, at the Cultural Heritage center. This will include a business meeting and a program will be presented. Guests are welcome.
• Moniteau County public meeting for presentation of the current draft of the county five-year Hazard Mitigation plan, 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 12, at Centennial Hall, Moniteau County Fairgrounds.
For information, contact Susan Galeota at 573-657-9779.
• Twin City Garden Club meeting 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 12, at the California United Methodist Church.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance regular monthly Board meeting 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 13, 2011.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, July 14, at City Hall.
• California Nutrition Center Music and Dance with Sonnie & Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m. Saturday, July 16, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 18, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Red Hat Society to attend lunch and two-hour cruise at Lake of the Ozarks, Thursday, July 21. Reservations and $25 are required by July 11. Contact Liz Schlup at 796-4789 or 573-301-7660. Group will depart UCC at 10 a.m.
• Special Olympics Fundraiser Barbecue for Battle of the Badges by Cole County Sheriff's Dept., 6-8 p.m. Friday, July 22, Wardsville Lions Club, 3505 Rt M, Silent Auction, 50/50 Raffle, door prizes. All proceeds go to Special Olympics. For more information contact Sgt. Aaron at 659-0593.
• Special Olympics Fundraiser Battle of the Badges Racing, 6 p.m., Saturday, July 23, Lake Ozark Speedway, Eldon.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 27, at the elementary school.
• Wood Place Public Library Summer Reading Program, 6:30 p.m. Every Thursday from May 26 - Aug. 11. Storytimes, crafts and fun activities. All programs are open to the public and free of charge. The library issues free Summer Reading Club cards to all children in Moniteau County who live in and outside California. For more information, call 573-796-2642.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting