California Democrat Community Calender July 27
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
• Relay for Life Fundraiser at Originals by Sharon and Kim, July 27-30, at 903A West Buchanan. Originals by Sharon and Kim will donate 10 percent of all sales July 27-30 to Relay for Life.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 27, at the elementary school.
• Second Annual Moniteau County Back-to-School Fair, 2-7 p.m. Thursday, July 28, at California High School, for K-12 students registered in the Moniteau County School District. Free school supplies including book bags, health screenings and more will be offered. Students who have not yet registered for school can do so at 5:30 p.m. at the fair. Entertainment and information about child safety will also be provided.
• Moniteau County Cattlemen Steak Dinner, 5-7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 30, at Centennial Hall, Montieau County Fairgrounds. Serving KC Strip, baked potato, salad, drink and dessert.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 1, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Hunter's Education Class, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 8 and Tuesday, Aug. 9, at the California City Hall public meeting room. Those interested in attending must be at least 11 years of age and must attend both days of the course. Students will need to bring a sack lunch each day. To sign up to attend, go to the Conservation Department’s public website and follow the hunter education link, or go to https://my.register-ed. For more information, call Moniteau County Conservation Agent Jason Vaughn at 573-864-9814.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 11, at City Hall.
• California High School Pinto Football Media Night, 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 12, at Riley Field. All are welcome to come out to take team pictures of the CHS football teams.
• Wood Place Public Library Summer Reading Program, 6:30 p.m. Every Thursday now - Aug. 11. Storytimes, crafts and fun activities. All programs are open to the public and free of charge. The library issues free Summer Reading Club cards to all children in Moniteau County who live in and outside California. For more information, call 573-796-2642.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting