Prestage Quarries Inc., Over 35 Years of Service
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Prestage Quarries Inc., was started over 35 years ago by Max Prestage and Gary Milligan. At the time Prestage also owned a ready mix plant. Upon Prestage's retirement, the ready mix plant was sold and Milligan took over the primary ownership of the rock quarry along with a minority share being sold to Richard Schatzer. Current employees include truck drivers Jared Milligan, Donnie Wright, secretaries Debbie Milligan and Shirley Robinson. Jared is Gary's son and Gary and Debbie are married.
Prestage Quarries Inc., offers crushed rock of all sizes and AgLime. The rock meets MoDOT specifications for road maintenance and pre-mix and has a history of good performance in other areas. Located four miles north of Tipton at 2338 Seeley Road, Prestage Quarries is located where it has a steady customer base in Cooper, Moniteau and Morgan counties.
For more of this story check out the June 8 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- County asked to buy more creek gravel, less crushed limestone from area quarries
- Gary and Stephanie Brennan join RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks
- California Area Chamber of Commerce Spotlights - Moniteau County Ready
- Concrete plant plans near nature preserve draws ire
- Winners of the Compact Figure Eight Scramble and Tuff Truck Challenge
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting