City of California Board of Aldermen approves July 4 parade route
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
At a special meeting of the City of California Board of Aldermen, the route for the Independence Day parade was approved.
The parade will begin at 10 a.m. on Monday, July 4.
The parade lineup will be on Smith Street in the Cargill area. The parade will proceed west on Smith Street and turn north (right) on Oak Street. The Parade will then continue north on Oak Street to South Street, where it will turn east (right) then continue into the Moniteau County Fairgrounds where it will end.
The fireworks will begin at Proctor Park at dusk, approximately 9 p.m.
In other business, the council set a special meeting on Monday, June 27, for Bartlett and West, Engineers, to report on all current projects involving the City of California. Those projects include the California water study; Hickory Hills water and sewer study; California sidewalk project; California storm water project; and Phase III of the California sewer project.
More like this story
- California City Council discusses street lighting, approves parade route
- Parade and fireworks mark California’s July 4th
- New Bloomfield aldermen briefed on street, stormwater improvements
- Cedar Street utilities discussed by Board of Aldermen
- Holts Summit to award bids on city street overlay projects
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting