California Democrat Community Calender June 22
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
• Meeting to discuss proposed California signage along four-lane Highway 50, 7 p.m. Thursday, June 30, at the California City Hall.
• California Nutrition Center Music and Dance with John Cecilia and His "Country Ordaras", 7-10 p.m. Saturday, July 2, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods.
• City of California Independance Day parade, 10 a.m., Monday, July 4, line up will be on Smith Street in the Cargill area.
• City of California Independance Day fireworks, at dusk approximately 9 p.m., at Proctor Park.
• Friends of the Maclay Home in Tipton 29th Annual Ice Cream Social, 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Monday, July 4, tours from noon -2 p.m. Civil War exhibits will be on the grounds as well as a country store.
• City of California to host a meeting to discuss plans for the sidewalk project, 6 p.m. July 7, in the Public Meeting Room.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 11, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, July 14, at City Hall.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 18, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Red Hat Society to attend lunch and two-hour cruise at Lake of the Ozarks, Thursday, July 21. Reservations and $25 are required by July 11. Contact Liz Schlup at 796-4789 or 573-301-7660. Group will depart UCC at 10 a.m.
• Wood Place Public Library Summer Reading Program, 6:30 p.m. Every Thursday from May 26 - Aug. 11. Storytimes, crafts and fun activities. All programs are open to the public and free of charge. The library issues free Summer Reading Club cards to all children in Moniteau County who live in and outside California. For more information, call 573-796-2642.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting