California Fire Department Barbecue for Sareena Roll Tremendous Success
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
California Fire Department Fire Chief Allen Smith put it perfectly when he said, "this is what firefighters do, we are here to help the community." When the firefighters found out one of their firefighters, Bill Roll's daughter Sareena was gravely ill, they felt a burden to do what they could to help out.
"Sareena became very, very sick and is currently at a hospital in Michigan," Smith said. "A lot of expenses will be incurred for the family with everything involved so us guys got together and decided we needed to do some type of fundraiser to help them out. We know the girl very well. She spends a lot of time at the fire station. We decided we do barbecue very well and have always had good turnouts for our barbecues. We had an original idea of how much product to sell but the community has been overwhelming with their response to it."
For more of this story check out the March 2 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- California Fire Department Holds Barbecue Fundraiser
- California Fire Department Has Great Weather for Annual Barbecue
- Chamber of Commerce presents awards at annual dinner
- Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser for Russellville/Lohman Fire Protection District Held at Russellville Elementary/Middle School
- Area Firefighters Converge on Latham to Help with Fire at School
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting