California Democrat Community Calender March 2
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
• California World Day of Prayer Observation, 2 p.m. Friday, March 4, at First Christian Church. Registration will begin at 1:30 p.m. before the service at 2 p.m. in the church sanctuary. The theme is "How Many Loaves Have You?" The women of Chile will be doing the World Day of Prayer in thier country. In their opening procession, they will carry a panera, they name Chileans give to their everyday bread basket. Bread is central to Chilean's daily life; sharing it is a universal sign of hospitality. Anyone and all churches are cordially invited to join.
• Jamestown Summer Rec Baseball and Softball sign-up, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., Saturday, March 5, at the school. There will be no late entries. For more information call Kelly Earley at 619-7503.
• Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and his Country Ordoras Music and Dance, 7 p.m., Saturday, March 5, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods. Dance is open to the public.
• Knights of Columbus Breakfast, 8-11:30 a.m. Sunday, March 6, at the Annunciation Catholic Church. Rope sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, juice and coffee will be served. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 7, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Twin City Garden Club meeting, 10 a.m. Tuesday, March 8, at the United Methodist Church. Richard Schroeder will present the program on insects -- "The good the Bad and the Ugly." New members are always welcome. Call Fran Scallorns at 796-2981 or 796-2895.
• Crime Watch meeting at Jamestown Community Building at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 8. Jason Clark with the Missouri State Highway Patrol Rural Crimes task Force will speak.
• ACT Workshop for Math/Science portion of the ACT Test, 5:45-7:45 p. m. Wednesday, March 9, in Amy Kuebler's room at California High School.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance District regular monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Wdnesday, March 9, at the tipton district office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, March 10, at City Hall.
• Clean Up Crew 9th Annual Pitch Tournament, 4:30 p.m. sign up, Saturday, March 12, at the Jamestown Community Building. For more information call Leisa Hees 660-849-2538 or Barb Oerly at 660-849-9302.
• Nutrition Center Sphagetti Dinner and Open House, 11 a.m., Sunday, March 13, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 14, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Nutrition Center to host the Krazy Kats Music and Dance, 7:30-11 p.m., Friday, March 18, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $8. Dance is open to the public. For reservations contact Bob Taylor 573-796-3378.
• Women's Quail Hunt, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, March 19, at the String Creek Game Bird Farm near Centertown, hosted by the Moreau Valley Chapter of Quail Forever. To register, call Moniteau County Conservation Agent Jason Vaughn at 573-864-9814. Space is limited.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 21, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattleman's Association meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, at Centennial Hall, California. Missouri Cattleman's Association State President Jimmy Long and Missouri Beef Industry Executive Director John Kleiboeker will be in attendance. Those who plan to attend need to RSVP at 573-796-3168.
• California Reds to attend the Stain Glass Theater, the show will be Little Women, Thursday, March 24, contact Mary Shoemaker at 796-2795 for more information.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, March 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• 2011 Relay for Life of Moniteau County Committee meeting, 6 p.m., and team captain meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 5, at the Annunciation Catholic Church basement, California.
• Pickers and Grinners Jam Session, 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Centennial Hall, Fairgrounds, and 1-4 p.m. every Friday at the Sweet Buy and Buy.
• Zumba Classes, 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the California Elementary School multi-purpose room. The cost is $5.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting