Russellville and California Masons Help Latham School

On Sept. 23, 1882, members of the Masonic fraternity were granted permission to form a lodge in Russellville. On Dec. 26, 1885, three members of California Lodge #183 transferred their membership to the formation of Russellville Lodge #90. After 128 years of serving the Russellville area, Russellville Lodge consolidated with California Lodge #183, but its former members continue to serve the Cental Missouri area. After the fire at the Latham School, members of the former Russellville Lodge suggested some of the furnishing of their lodge be donated to the school. This idea was greeted with enthusiasm by the members of California Lodge and on Saturday, Feb. 26, members met with representatives of Latham School to offer them what they might be able to use in their efforts to rebuild the school.

photo

Plenty of foldable chairs donated to Latham School were loaded by volunteers.

photo

Those present as Latham Principal Tanya Brown accepted supplies including chairs donated by members of California Masonic Lodge #183 and former Russellville Masonic Lodge #90; from left are Brooke, Tanya and Heidi Brown, Lodge #90 Member Norris Seibert and California Lodge #183 Member Jim Dearing.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting

| California Democrat>