Route 5 to Be Resurfaced from Tipton to Versailles
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
A construction bid to resurface more than 14 miles of Route 5 in Moniteau and Morgan Counties was approved by the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission.
APAC-Missouri, Inc. of Columbia, was awarded the project after submitting the lowest bid of $2,934,530.26.
The contract includes resurfacing Route 5 from U.S. 50 in Tipton to near Route 52 near Versailles. Guardrail will be upgraded at various locations along the route. Sidewalks through Fortuna between Moniteau Street and Route Z will be replaced. The new sidewalks will be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines.
Work will begin in spring 2011 and be completed in the fall.
For more information about this project, please call toll free 1-888-ASK-MoDOT (275-6636) or log onto www.modot.org/central.
More like this story
- Resurfacing Begins on U.S. 50 in Pettis, Morgan and Moniteau Counties
- Contracts awarded to resurface Mid-Mo. highways
- Construction contract awarded for Route 135 resurfacing in Morgan County
- Road improvements to begin Monday on Route 7 in Camden County
- Route 87 in Moniteau County to Close Jan. 29-31
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting