World Day of Prayer Held at First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Members of local churches came together Friday, March 4, for the World Day of Prayer held at First Christian Church (FCC California) (Disciples of Christ). The first organized day of prayer held nationally was in Canada on Jan. 9, 1920. In the United States, the first organized day of prayer held nationally was on Feb. 20, 1920. Barbara Walter was the leader for the 2011 World Day of Prayer and helped coordinate the event.
For more of this story check out the March 9 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- California World Day of Prayer Hosted by United Church of Christ
- California FCC Holds Fundraiser for Rickman Center
- Dan Rowlison New Pastor at California First Christian Church (Disciples of
- Bill Miller Performs at California First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Annunciation Catholic Church Hosts Community Thanksgiving Service
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting