Russellville Middle School Raises Money for Hoops for Heart, Pennies for Patients
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Sixty seven Russellville Middle School students participated in a Hoops for Heart and Pennies for Patients event Thursday, March 3, in the school gymnasium. Students were given a choice to raise money for either cause. Hoops for Heart is a program for the American Heart Association, funds are used to create healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Pennies for Patients is a program for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, the service dollars are spent on patient and community services, research, public health and professional education. The middle school students collected over $900 for the American Heart Association and over $500 for Pennies for Patients. During the event held in the gym students were awarded prizes for participation which were donated by Russellville Athletic Boosters and Dollar General.
More like this story
- Lake Regional cardiopulmonary rehab earns national certification
- United Methodist Women host dinner for missions
- Lake Regional participates in national program to improve stroke care
- Eldon occupational students win contest, receive HeartSine® AED
- Elementary hosts Hoops for Heart, Family Fitness Night
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting