Early Bird Compost Reuses Waste to Produce Growth
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
During the Clinton Administration poultry farmers were in a bind. The government was putting limits on how farmers could spread manure in areas such as watersheds. Rhonda Heimericks, board member for Central Missouri Poultry Producers Inc., said the group of turkey and chicken farmers got together and formed a co-op to market their turkey litter and fill a niche market through their product, Early Bird Compost.
For more of this story check out the March 30 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Indiana residents question Ohio manure imports
- Heat and drought working hardship on Lake Area agriculture community
- Leaving a Lake Legacy: Backyard bird feeders helpful in a winter following drought
- Congress set to cut money for meat industry reform
- Kan. poultry farm loses 4,300 turkeys in heat wave
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting