MRED discusses entrepreneurship at May meeting
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
The regular monthly meeting of the Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) Board of Directors was held Wednesday, May 11, at Mel's Diner in Tipton.
Paul Bateman, Missouri University Extension, presented information on Missouri Small Business and Technology Development Centers (SBRDC). The organization is part of University Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and is a partnership of the University of Missouri Business and Development Programs and the MU College of Engineering.
The SBRDC conducts confidential business management consulting, assistance with financial projections, business and commercialization plans, market research and more. The work is based on the fact that small businesses have created 60 to 80 percent of net new jobs and the economy depends on the success of entrepreneurs and most Americans believe more entrepreneurship should be encouraged.
For more of this story check out the May 18 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) discusses role in area economic picture
- New Businesses in County According to MRED
- Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) Board of Directors makes dues adjustments
- MRED board discusses reorganization
- Business closing and broadband expansion discussed at MRED
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting