Veterans Day assembly at California High School
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
On Friday, Nov. 11, the California High School Veterans Day Assembly began with the national anthem performed by the Sounds of Joy directed by Michele Bilyeu.
The events were introduced by Jared Kendrick followed by a ceremonial folding of the United States flag by Katelyn Allison and Leo Lutz.
Each year, the California High School speech class students participate in the Wyman S. Basinger Post 35 VFW speech contest. Since there are usually too many entries for judging to be completed by Nov. 11, the essay of Nathan Thibon was chosen to be read for the occasion.
For more of this story check out the Nov. 16 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- California High School Hosts Veteran's Day Assembly
- Rep. Caleb Jones speaks at Latham Veterans Day Assembly
- California Middle School Holds Veteran's Day Assembly
- Spring concert held by California High School vocalists
- California High School All-District Choir singers invited to perform at New York's Lincoln Center
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting