No Mail Delivery or Retail Services at Post Offices on Thanksgiving
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Retail services at the California Post Office will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Regularly scheduled mail delivery, PO Box and caller services will also be suspended for the holiday. Mail will be delivered as scheduled on Wednesday, Nov. 23. Post Offices also will resume regularly scheduled retail lobby hours on Nov. 25.
Postmaster Krystal Barnes reminds customers to mail early during the holiday season. "Thanksgiving traditionally kicks off the busy holiday mailing season," said Barnes. "Remember to mail early and be sure to follow the recommended mailing dates for mail to military addresses."
To ensure timely delivery of holiday wishes by Dec. 25, cards and packages to military APO/FPO addresses overseas should be sent early.
More like this story
- No Mail Delivery or Retail Services at Post Offices on Thanksgiving
- Post offices will close for holiday; local office to observe summer hours
- Postal Service announces mailing deadlines
- Retail lobbies at Post Offices will be closed Labor Day
- U.S. Post Office asks customers to mail early for the holidays
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting