California Democrat Community Calender for November 23
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
• California Ministerial Alliance Thanksgiving Dinner, 11 a.m. - 1p.m., Thursday, Nov. 24, at the California Nutrition Center. Volunteers are needed. No charge for the dinner, however, donations are gladly accepted. For more information call 796-2792.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 28, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Christmas Open House, 6-9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2, at Green Home (Eitzen Mansion). Cheese, wine and tour (Cost: $15). Dates and times of the home tours of the Green Home are Saturday, Dec. 2 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Cost: $10) and Sunday, Dec. 4, 1-5 p.m. (Cost: $10).
• Jamestown Christmas Parade, 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 3. Pictures with Santa at school to follow parade.
• Children's Time, 10 a.m. -12 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at Wood Place Public Library. Children come by to create Christmas ornaments for decorating the library during the Christmas season.
• VFW Auxiliary Chili Supper, 2-7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3 at the VFW Hall, North side of the Courthouse Square. Chili, hotdogs, desser, coffee and soda will be served.
• Dedication of Veterans' Mural, 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at the north end of Courthouse square.
• California Christmas Parade, 5 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3. Santa and Mrs. Claus at People's Bank of Moniteau County to follow with carols sung by "Sounds of Joy" and pictures with Santa (Cost: $2)
• Holiday Variety Show, 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3, at Finke Theatre.
• California Nutrition Center to host John Cecilia and his Country Ordoras Music and Dance, 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3, at the Nutrition Center, 107 West Versailles Ave. Admission is $5. Please bring finger foods. Dance is open to the public.
• California Middle School Choral Concert, 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, at High School Performing Arts Center.
• California Reds Red Hat Society Chapter #35155 carry-in dinner and Christmas Caroling, 11 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 8, at California UCC Friendship Hall. Christmas caroling at the nursing homes in the afternoon. For more information contact Margaret Oesterly 796-4738 or Eileen Crawford 796-2068.
• Clarksburg School Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, at school.
• High Point School Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, in gym.
• Russellville Elementary School Christmas Concert, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 13, in gym. K-2nd Grade begins at 6 p.m. with 3rd-5th Grade beginning at 7:15 p.m.
• California First Grade Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 15, at High School.
• Jamestown School Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 15, in gym.
• Prairie Home School Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16, at school.
• Latham School Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 19, at Finke Theatre.
• Russellville High School Christmas Concert, 7 p.m. Dec. 20, in gym.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting