California Democrat Community Calender Oct. 5
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
• Knights of Columbus Annual Tootsie Roll Drive, 8-11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, in California.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 10, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Hunter's Education Class, 6-9:30 p.m. Oct. 10, 11 and 13 at the Tipton Farmers and Sportsman Club. To register to participate, got to http://mdc.mo.gov/ and follow the Hunter Education link. For more information, call Moniteau County Conservation Agent Jason Vaughn at 573-864-9814.
• Moniteau County Crime Watch annual meeting 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 11, at California First Christian Church. The program begins at 7 p.m. with officer Don Isaac as speaker.
• California Reds Branson Day Trip, Oct. 12, 6:15 a.m. meet at UCC to car pool, Half price tickets sold out "Hurray for Hollywood". Details on itenerary to follow contact. Ruth Coale 796-4366.
• ACT Workshop, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, at Room 141 at California High School. This is for the Math/Science Reasoning portion of the ACT Test.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance regular monthly board meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct.13, at the Tipton District office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, at City Hall.
• Moniteau County Related Services Meeting, 12-1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, at the health center located at 401 S. Francis Street. For more information call 573-796-3412.
• High Point Tractor Ride, 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, All tractors welcome. Call 660-489-2328 or 660-489-2394 to pre-register. Travel country roads in High Point area. $20 entry fee. Registration and line-up begins at 9 a.m.
• California Nutrition Center will host Sonny & Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Street. The cost is $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 17, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 19, at the high school.
• Moniteau County Cattleman's Association Dinner Meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, at Centennial Hall at the fairgrounds, California. R.S.V.P. by calling the California Veterinary Clinic at 573-796-3168.
• California Nutrition Center Fish Fry, 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Adults are $8 in advance and $9 at the door.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 24, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• New Beginnings Fall Festival, 3-6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29 at the Family Worship Center, 204 N. Oak Street, California. Trunk-or-Treat, free chili, hotdogs, chips and soda. For more information call 573-418-0385. Free fun for the family.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31, at the Lutheran Church basement.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting