California Democrat Community Calender Oct. 12
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
• ACT Workshop, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, at Room 141 at California High School. This is for the Math/Science Reasoning portion of the ACT Test.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance regular monthly board meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct.13, at the Tipton District office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, at City Hall.
• Moniteau County Related Services Meeting, 12-1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13, at the health center located at 401 S. Francis Street. For more information call 573-796-3412.
• California Eagles to host Fish and Chicken Fry, 5:30-7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14, at Eagles #4027, 314 N. High Street, California. Adults are $9 and children $4. Open to the public and carry-outs available.
• High Point Tractor Ride, 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, All tractors welcome. Call 660-489-2328 or 660-489-2394 to pre-register. Travel country roads in High Point area. $20 entry fee. Registration and line-up begins at 9 a.m.
• California Eagles to host Guy Rush Memorial Poker Run, 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at Eagles #4027, 314 N. High Street, California. For more information contact Monica Green at 475-383-7493.
• Becky Blackaby performing at the Finke Theatre, 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15. For tickets call 573-796-2895 or 573-690-9363.
• California Nutrition Center will host Sonny & Partly Cloudy, 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Street. The cost is $5 at the door. Please bring finger foods.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 17, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday Oct. 19, at the high school.
• Moniteau County Cattleman's Association Dinner Meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, at Centennial Hall at the fairgrounds, California. R.S.V.P. by calling the California Veterinary Clinic at 573-796-3168.
• California Nutrition Center Fish Fry, 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave., Adults are $8 in advance and $9 at the door.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 24, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• 27th Annual Moniteau County Ducks Unlimited Banquet and Auction, 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, doors open at 5:30; dinner at 7 p.m. and auction at 8 p.m. at the Tipton Knights of Columbus Hall. For tickets contact John Overbey, 796-4711, Bob Call, 584-9611 or Tony Abbott at 690-1127.
• Benefit golf tournament for Mike and Vicky King at Redfield Golf and Country Club, Eugene, on Saturday, Oct. 29. Tee-off at Noon. Mike, teacher at Eugene, has been diagnosed with Stage IV non-small cell lung cancer lung cancer. For more information, contact Pam Green at 573-796-0282.
• New Beginnings Fall Festival, 3-6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 29 at the Family Worship Center, 204 N. Oak Street, California. Trunk-or-Treat, free chili, hotdogs, chips and soda. For more information call 573-418-0385. Free fun for the family.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattleman's Association annual steak dinner, live auction for scholarship fund, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 7, at Centennial Hall at the fairgrounds, California. The cost to attend is $7. Those who R.S.V.P. at the California Veterinary Clinic at 573-796-3168 will get a $1 discount.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting