California Rec. Association to host youth basketball clinics
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
The California Recreation Association will host basketball clinics for area youth in grades 1-2 and grades 5-6 Oct. 29, Nov. 1, 3 and 5.
The clinics for grades 1-2 will be held at California Elementary School as follows:
• Nov. 1 - Girls 6-7 p.m.; boys 7-8 p.m.
• Nov. 3 - Boys 6-7 p.m.; girls 7 -8 p.m.
• Nov. 5 - Girls 9-10 a.m.; boys 10-11 a.m.
Games will be double-headers held every other weekend, and will begin Saturday, Nov. 19.
The clinic for grades 5-6, which will include a coaches meeting, will be held Friday, Oct. 29, at California Middle School. The girls clinic will be held 9-10 a.m., while the boys clinic will be held 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Games will begin Saturday, Nov. 5, and will continue through Dec. 17.
A clinic for grades 3-4 will be held in January.
The cost to participate is $25 for grades 1-2 and $40 for grades 5-6. The deadline to register to attend any of the clinics is Oct. 14.
Registration forms, which were distributed at California Schools, can be dropped off at City Hall from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with payment (make checks payable to California Recreation Association) or they can be mailed to: City Hall, 500 S. Oak, California, Mo., 65018. Registration forms can also be dropped in the City Hall Drop Box if after hours.
Forms are also available at California City Hall, but must be filled out there. For more information, call Sky Smothers at 573-619-1409.
More like this story
- California Rec. Association to host youth basketball clinics
- California Recreation Association to host youth basketball clinics
- California Recreation Association to Host Basketball Clinic
- California Parks and Rec. to offer Adult Fall Softball and Youth Coed Soccer Leagues, and year-round swim lessons
- California Parks and Rec. to offer Adult Fall Softball and Youth Coed Soccer Leagues