High Point Community Worship Service Held
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
As part of the High Point Homecoming festivities a Community Worship Service was held Sunday, Sept. 4, at High Point School.
Worship leader Charlie Allen started the service by leading in singing the hymn "Worthy of Worship," accompanied by Tanya Stockwell on piano. Mike Blankenship welcomed all present and gave the invocation. Allen then led a second hymn "America the Beautiful" before High Point Baptist Church member Barbara Whittle sang the first special of the service "Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus" accompanied by Bev Meyer on piano.
Parnell Duncan gave the Offertory Prayer before he and ushers Fred Snyder, Will Wright and Glen Shoemaker took up an offering for the High Point Community Renewal Association Benevolent Fund. Next, a sextet from Corticelli Baptist Church sang "I'll Have a New Life" accompanied by Stockwell on piano. JoAnna Duncan led the Scripture Reading of John 5:1-15 which was used next in David Kenyon's message "Do You Want to Get Well?" The service concluded with the singing of the final hymn, "For He Alone is Worthy."
For more of this story check out the Sept. 7 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Concord Baptist Association holds Spring Semi-Annual Meeting at Corticelli Baptist Church
- Corticelli Baptist Church Presents Christmas Variety Show
- Community Thanksgiving Service Held at Jamestown Baptist Church
- Photos from the High Point Homecoming
- Corticelli Tent Revival Perseveres Even With Obstacles