Larry Marriott Pastor at Campfire Fellowship Cowboy Church
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
It was while on a mission trip in Texas building a cowboy church that Larry Marriott, pastor at Campfire Fellowship Cowboy Church (CFCC), Tipton, saw the potential and worship cowboy churches have. Later, Marriott would go on to be involved in setting up CFCC which started out by meeting at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds and Tradewinds in California before finding their current location on Highway 50.
"I liked my old church," Marriott said, "but there was a fellowship and greatness at the church we setup which stuck with me. It was a place which reached those who normally do not go to church. It has been a God thing because I feel there are many others who know more about planting churches than I do. But God does not want just our abilities, but looks more to our willingness to do what He asks us to do."
For more of this story check out the April 4 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Leiper's Fork Bluegrass Performs at Campfire Fellowship Cowboy Church
- David Stephenson New Pastor at Tipton First Baptist Church
- Cowboy Church movement springs up in the southwest
- Salem Baptist Church Celebrates Christmas With Program, Christmas Eve Service
- Ken Chapman Finds Great Church to Serve in Flag Spring Baptist Church
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting