California Democrat Community Calender for April 11
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
• California Red Hat Society attending Missouri Kids First Program on child abuse at the State Capitol in Jefferson CIty. Meet at UCC at 11 a.m. Wednesday, April 11. Lunch is provided at the Capitol grounds. Call Margaret Oesterly at 796-4738 anyone may attend.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, April 12, at City Hall.
•California Eagles Rib Dinner, 5:30-7 p.m. Friday, April 13, 314 N. High Street, California. $10 per plate.
• CPI's Wine, Dine and Win, 6 p.m. April 14, at Braykley Hall near Centertown.
•California Eagles Nascar Racing Party, 6 p.m. Saturday, April 14, 314 N. High Street, California. In Memory of Dwight Kiesling. Open to the Public.
• First Christian Church Pork Steak Dinner and Bake Sale Fundraiser, 11:30 a.m. Sunday, April 15, at the First Christian Church, California. A free-will donation will be accepted. For more information, call 573-796-2862.
• California High School Pinto Basketball Banquet, 5:30 p.m. at the CHS Commons.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 16, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• California Red Hat Society ladies will be attending the Dinner Show "1940's Radio Hour" at Shikles Center, Jefferson City. Will meet at UCC, California at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 19. Call Mary Oesterly at 573-796-4041 to R.S.V.P. Reservations are required and $30 must be paid in advance.
• High Point Eighth Grade Fundraiser "DOG WASH," 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at Coats and Tails, 1001 S. Oak, California.
• "The Driskills" at the California Nutrition Center, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $7. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 23, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau County Cattleman's Association monthly dinner meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, at Centennial Hall at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California, sponsored by AgriLabs, St. Joseph. The guest speaker will be Ed Spencer of AgriLabs. The cost to attend is $8 at the door, or $7 for those who R.S.V.P. at the California Veterinary Clinic (573-796-3168).
• California Red Hat Appreciation Day, 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 25, California City Hall. Signing of Proclamation with Mayor Norris Gerhart. For more information contact Vi Bolin 796-2940 or Dorothy Hise 796-2776.
• Friends of the Finke Theatre Trivia Night, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at UCC, 101 North Oak Street, California.
• California Nutrition Center Fish Fry , 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at the Nutrition Center 107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $8 in advance, $9 at the door. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 30, at the Lutheran Church basement.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting