California Democrat Community Calender for April 18
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
• California Red Hat Society ladies will be attending the Dinner Show "1940's Radio Hour" at Shikles Center, Jefferson City. Will meet at UCC, California at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 19. Call Mary Oesterly at 573-796-4041 to R.S.V.P. Reservations are required and $30 must be paid in advance.
• Jam Session, 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, April 19, at the Nutrition Center 107 Versailles Ave. For more information, call Ruth at 573-338-6432 or Bob Taylor at 796-3378. Please bring finger food. Drinks will be furnished. $2 cover charge. All players, singers and dancers welcome.
• High Point Eighth Grade Fundraiser "DOG WASH," 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at Coats and Tails, 1001 S. Oak, California.
•Chicken Dinner with all the fixings, 4-7 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at Centertown Post 531, American Legion, 231 Rt. U.
• "The Driskills" at the California Nutrition Center, 7-10 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $7. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
• Jamestown PTO Book Sale/Swap, 2:45-7 p.m. Monday April 23, in the Jamestown School Lobby. Also on Tuesday, April 24 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Paperbacks are $.25 and hardbacks are $1. In addition, you can trade in old books for new ones up to 10 books. If you would like to donate your books ahead of time you can contact Courtney Borts at 660-849-2638 or 573-338-0094 to make arrangements.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 23, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau County Cattleman's Association monthly dinner meeting, 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, at Centennial Hall at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California, sponsored by AgriLabs, St. Joseph. The guest speaker will be Ed Spencer of AgriLabs. The cost to attend is $8 at the door, or $7 for those who R.S.V.P. at the California Veterinary Clinic (573-796-3168).
• High Point School Spring Concert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, in the school gym.
• California Red Hat Appreciation Day, 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 25, California City Hall. Signing of Proclamation with Mayor Norris Gerhart. For more information contact Vi Bolin 796-2940 or Dorothy Hise 796-2776.
• Friends of the Finke Theatre Trivia Night, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at UCC, 101 North Oak Street, California.
• California Nutrition Center Fish Fry , 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at the Nutrition Center 107 Versailles Ave. Admission is $8 in advance, $9 at the door. For more information, call 573-796-4240.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, April 30, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance regular monthly Board meeting 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 9, 2012, at the Tipton district office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, May 10, at City Hall.
• Emergency 911 Dispatch meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday, may 10, at the 911 center.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting