Nixon appoints Morgan County Presiding Commissioner
Friday, December 28, 2012
Gov. Jay Nixon on Thursday announced the appointment of James H. Vaughn, of Versailles, as the new Presiding Commissioner for Morgan County. He will fill the term of Jay Fisher, who died in November.
Vaughn, a Democrat, is a lifelong resident of Morgan County who currently works for the Morgan County Eastern District Road Department and who worked with the Ford auto dealership in Versailles for 20 years. He also has coached several local youth athletic teams.
"James Vaughn grew up here in Morgan County, and has been active in the community for many years," Gov. Nixon stated. "I'm pleased to appoint him to this leadership position in his home county. I also want to thank the Fisher family for the public service that Jay Fisher gave to Morgan County as the Presiding Commissioner."
More like this story
- Gov. Nixon appoints Versailles man as Morgan County presiding commissioner
- Leaving a Lake Legacy: A political career comes full circle
- Panel to interview appeals court applicants Monday
- 3 nominated for Mo. mental health, water boards
- Gov. Nixon appoints Lake Ozark man to Crime Laboratory review board