California Democrat Community Calender Feb. 1
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
• Clean-up Crew Annual Pitch Tournament, 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 4, at the Jamestown Community Building. For more information contact Barb Oerly 660-849-9302.
• Donny's Karaoke, Saturday, Feb. 4, at the Eagles Club in California. Dinner will be from 5-7 p.m. for $8. Karaoke starts at 8 p.m. with first place receiving $100.
• Republican Club's Annual Lincoln Day dinner, 6:30 p.m Saturday, Feb. 4 at 208 South Oak Street, fellowship hall.
• California Nutrition Center will host John Cecilia and His "Country Ordaras", 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, at the California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave. Admission is $5.
• Annunciation Knights of Columbus Breakfast, 8-11:30 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 5. All you can eat sausage and pancakes, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, coffee and juice. Adults $6 and children under 12 - $4.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance District Board regular monthly meeting, Wednesday, Feb. 8, at the tipton district office.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 9, at City Hall.
• Friends of the Finke Theatre's Valentine Dinner, 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11, at Derringer Steakhouse. Call for information or reservations - 796-0282.
• Friends of Music Barbecue, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12, at CHS Commons. Serving BBQ Pork and Turkey Dinners. Adutls $8 and Children $4.
• Planning meeting for Jamestown 175th Birthday Celebration, 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13, Jamestown City Hall. All interested persons welcome.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, in Room 141. This workshop is for the Science/Math portion of the ACT Test and will be instructed by CHS teachers Amy Kuebler and Peggy Huhman.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, at the high school media room.
• California Nutrition Center Valentine Party, 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at the California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave. Card playing and dance as well as crowning of the Valentine King and Queen. Please bring finger foods. Admission $2. Open to the public.
• Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) annual dinner meeting, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at the California Eagles Club, dinner and program begins at 7 p.m. Cost is $10.00 per person. Please RSVP no later than Feb. 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to MRED P.O. Box 112 California, MO 65018.
• California Progress, Inc. (CPI) regular monthly board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 21, at the Wood Place Library, second floor.
• Annual Mid Missouri Women in Agriculture conference, March 15, 9:30 a.m - 4 p.m. at California High School. $10 registration includes meal. Contact Nancy Kirby. 573-796-2010 ext. 3.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.
More like this story
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting