Sewer Phase II done, Phase III to begin
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
The City of California Board of Aldermen approved the final payment of $45,489.54 to Lehman Construction for completion of Phase II of the sewer construction work. It included closing two of the north lagoons and installing a lift station and a high pressure sewer line to take the sewage from the north part of the city to the treatment plant on the south side of California.
The engineering work is beginning on Phase III, which involves upgrading the sewer treatment plant and expanding it to handle the increase in volume which has resulted from the closure of the north lagoons. The cost of the engineering work is contracted to be no more than $105,200. An addendum to the contract is for the amount of $47,500 to be added for repairs to the bottom of one of the sludge basins.
For more of this story check out the Feb. 15 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- Preparation stages of Sunrise Beach and Rocky Mount sewer projects nearing completion
- City of California Board of Aldermen approves July 4 parade route
- Versailles water project nears completion
- City of California utilities superintendent announces resignation
- Holts Summit voters approve $7 million sewer bond issue
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting