California Democrat Community Calender Feb. 15
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, in Room 141. This workshop is for the Science/Math portion of the ACT Test and will be instructed by CHS teachers Amy Kuebler and Peggy Huhman.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, at the high school media room.
• California Nutrition Center Valentine Party, 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at the California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave. Card playing and dance as well as crowning of the Valentine King and Queen. Please bring finger foods. Admission $2. Open to the public.
• Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) annual dinner meeting, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at the California Eagles Club, dinner and program begins at 7 p.m. The cost is $10 per person. RSVP no later than Feb. 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to MRED P.O. Box 112, California.
• Farm Bureau FFA Breakfast, 8 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 18, at Annunciation Catholic Church, California.
• Chili and soup luncheon, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 19, for the Catholic Church at Cedron, at the Jamestown Community Building.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 20, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Planning meeting for Jamestown's 175th Birthday Celebration - 7 p.m., Monday, Feb. 20 - (rescheduled due to last Monday's inclement weather) - - Jamestown Community Building - Everyone welcome.
• California Progress, Inc. (CPI) regular monthly board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 21, at the Wood Place Library, second floor.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, in Room 116. This workshop is for the English/Reading portion of the ACT Test and will be instructed by CHS teacher Dana Barr.
• Mid-Mo Democrat dinner meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, at the Nic Nac Cafe, Highway 50, California. The topic of discussion will be Truman Days in May. All are welcome to attend.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 27, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Moniteau Co. Cattleman's Association dinner meeting, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28, at the Moniteau County Fairgrounds, California. The cost to attend is $12 at the door, or $11 for those who RSVP. Those planning to attend either the dinner or the meeting, or both, must RSVP regardless, no later than 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 27, at the California Veterinary Clinic at 573-796-3168.
• California Reds - Red Hat Society Outing, Thursday, March 8. Meet at UCC at 11 a.m., lunch at Fuji Japanese Restaurant at 11:30, movie to follow. Contact Dorothy Hise 796-2776 or Vi Bolin 796-2940. Reservations are required.
• Annual Mid Missouri Women in Agriculture conference, March 15, 9:30 a.m - 4 p.m. at California High School. $10 registration includes meal. Contact Nancy Kirby. 573-796-2010 ext. 3.
First Thursday of every month - Free art classes for challenged kids of all ages at the Wood Place Library. 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting