Flag Spring Baptist Church Holds Special Christmas Program
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Plenty of laughs could be heard inside Flag Spring Baptist Church during the performance of the Christmas Program held Sunday, Jan. 1. But one laugh was noticeably missing. This year the Christmas Program was held in honor of Don Bolinger, the family patriarch who along with his wife Bonnie, the play has been held every year as a Christmas present to, had to watch from a more heavenly platform.
Once again the play was directed by Wanda Daugherity with assistance from family who helped set up the backgrounds and costumes. The play started with a welcome from Pastor Ken Chapman. Drew Bolinger led in singing the Call to Worship, "Tell Me the Story of Jesus." Greg Bolinger then gave the prayer before the offering was taken and the Doxology was sung. The play "Tell the Good News," written by Daugherity, was then performed by children from the church.
During the play the songs "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus," "O Little Town of Bethlehem," "No Room in the Inn," "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing," "Away in a Manger," "Tell the Good News" and "Go Tell it on the Mountain" were sung.
For more of this story check out the Jan. 4 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- St. Paul's Evangelical Church Presents Children's Christmas Program
- Bolinger Family Play Presented at Flag Spring Baptist Church
- Promise Trio Performs at Tipton Community Baptist Church
- Sam Lucas Plays Hinners Organ 110 Years After it is installed at Grace United Methodist
- Pilot Grove Baptist Church Presents Children's Christmas Program