New location for California bus barn
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
The bus barn for Durham School Service buses that serve the California area is at a new location, as of Wednesday, Dec. 28. With help from California High School football players and coaches, the move was completed in about three hours.
According to Nancy Schatzer, site manager for the bus barn in California, “We only had to move one block and we’re still on 50 Highway. There just wasn’t adequate space at the Henry tractor building (which served as the bus barn for three years). It wasn’t suited for what we needed. The buses are 40 feet long and that building isn’t 40 feet wide. The facility we’ve rented from Lehman Construction works much better.”
For more of this story check out the Jan. 4 issue of the California Democrat.
More like this story
- California School Buses Receive Over 90 Percent on Inspection
- California community donates 640 pounds of food for buddy packs
- Durham School Services California facility will receive Fleet Excellence Award
- Voter approved work in progress at California schools
- Snow causes roof of school bus garage to collapse
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting