School board recognition week this month
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
School Board Recognition Week, sponsored by the Missouri School Board Association (MSBA), is Jan. 22-28 this year.
During this designated week, communities across the state will "honor the dedicated service of local boards of education" as proclaimed by Gov. Jay Nixon.
According to MSBA, a private not-for-profit organization which exists to help school boards succeed, the goal is to build awareness and understanding of the important function an elected board of education plays in communities and schools.
"Missourians benefit every day from the dedicated energies and countless hours devoted by a group of more than 3,600 men and women in every community across the state," stated a MSBA release. "These public servants are elected by local constituents and do not receive compensation for their tireless efforts. These men and women are the local school board members of Missouri."
The MSBA asks all Missouri citizens to recognize the important contributions of these men and women and focus attention on the vital role these public officials play in the education of Missouri's children.
More like this story
- School Board Recognition Week Jan. 23-29
- Gov. Jay Nixon has proclaimed the week of Jan. 23-29 as School Board Recognition Week
- Leaving a Lake Legacy: Osage, Camdenton School boards 'continue' successful education
- Camdenton to honor elected officials School Board Recognition Week Feb. 10
- School board member receives state certification
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting