California Democrat Community Calender for Jan. 25
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
• ACT Workshop, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 25, in Room 116 at California High School. This workshop is for the English/Reading portion of the ACT Test, instructed by Dana Barr. For more information, call CHS teacher Peggy Huhmann or Barr at 573-796-4911.
• Wonders of Magic, 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 27, at the Finke Theatre, California. Eric Vaughan, magician of the year in the Kansas City metro area will perform.
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner, 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28, at the California Nutrition Center. The California Eagles Aerie 4027 will provide the meal consisting of brisket, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, dessert and drink. The Eagles will also provide hors d'oeuvres during the social hour. Tickets are available in the Chamber office for $15. The reservation deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 25. All are encouraged to reserve their tickets now so there can be a count of how many meals to make.
• Authentic Mexican Dinner hosted by the Pedicure ACS team, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 29, at the California Nutrition Center. Contact Angel Geiser for more information 573-645-1729.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 30, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Clean-up Crew Annual Pitch Tournament, 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 4, at the Jamestown Community Building. For more information contact Barb Oerly 660-849-9302.
• California Nutrition Center will host John Cecilia and His "Country Ordaras", 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, at the California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave. Admission is $5.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Mid-Mo Ambulance District Board regular monthly meeting, Wednesday, Feb. 8, at the tipton district office.
• Planning meeting for Jamestown 175th Birthday Celebration, 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13, Jamestown City Hall. All interested persons welcome.
• ACT Workshop at California High School, 5:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, in Room 141. This workshop is for the Science/Math portion of the ACT Test and will be instructed by CHS teachers Amy Kuebler and Peggy Huhman.
• California R-I School Board regular monthly meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, at the high school media room.
• California Nutrition Center Valentine Party, 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at the California Nutrition Center, 107 W. Versailles Ave. Card playing and dance as well as crowning of the Valentine King and Queen. Please bring finger foods. Admission $2. Open to the public.
• Moniteau County Regional Economic Development Council (MRED) annual dinner meeting, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, at the California Eagles Club, dinner and program begins at 7 p.m. Cost is $10.00 per person. Please RSVP no later than Feb. 7 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to MRED P.O. Box 112 California, MO 65018.
• California Progress, Inc. (CPI) regular monthly board meeting, 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 21, at the Wood Place Library, second floor.
• Annual Mid Missouri Women in Agiculture conference, March 15, 9:30 a.m - 4 p.m. at California High School. $10 registration includes meal. Contact Nancy Kirby. 573-796-2010 ext. 3.