California Democrat Community Calender for July 11
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
• California Area Chamber of Commerce Board Meeting, 8 a.m. Thursday, July 12, at California City Hall.
• California Reds to visit Lorraine Smith-Dollhouse and Garden, Russellville, Thursday, July 12. Meet at UCC at 9:30 a.m. Lunch at Steve’s Restaurant, Lohman. Chicken, family style. Reservations required. To RSVP, call Debbie King at 573-796-4203.
• California Care Center Blood Drive, 2-6 p.m., Friday, July 13, in the Rehabilitation gym, 1106 South Oak, Rt. 3, California. To schedule an appointment visit redcrossblood.org.
• Moniteau County Historical Society Ice Cream Social, 5-7 p.m. Saturday, July 14, at the Cultural Heritage Center, 201 North High Street, California. The cost is $6 for adults and $3 for children 10 and under for ham or chicken salad sandwich, ice cream, cake or pie and beverage.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 16, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• "Meet the Candidates" Picnic, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 19, at Proctor Park. Hosted by the Moniteau County Republican Club.
• Jam Session, 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, July 19, at the California Nutrition Center. $2 cover charge. Bring finger food. Players, singers, dancers and card players are welcome. For more information, call Ruth at 573-338-6432 or Bob Taylor at 573-796-3378.
• Osage Drifters Country Western Music, 7-10:30 p.m. Saturday, July 21, at the California Nutrition Center. $5 admission. Bring finger food. All are welcome.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 23, at the Lutheran Church basement.
• Kiwanis Club of California meeting, 6 p.m. Monday, July 30, at the Lutheran Church basement.
Storytimes and special activities at Wood Place Public Library for the "Dream Big - Read!" and "Own the Night!" Summer Reading Programs are Wednesday mornings at 10:30 a.m. (2-4 year olds), Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. (grades K-4), Tuesday, July 24, (students entering grades 5-8).
Every Thursday - 4-8 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California, free art classes for children all ages.
Every Saturday - 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Art Place, 324 S. Oak St., California, sidewalk chalk art for children all ages. For more information call 573-418-0765. Donations accepted.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Please review our Policies and Procedures before registering or commenting